- Reference USA: Directories of U.S. businesses and residents. Search by industry, geography, business size and more to identify your competitors. Check out the New Movers section to find new potential customers. ReferenceUSA’s phonebook and business listings can be downloaded as Excel spreadsheets.
- EBSCO business resources – This business database provides full text for over 1,000 business publications dating back to 1985. More than 10,100 substantial company profiles from Datamonitor are also included. Updated on a daily basis, this database includes business and trade magazines and journals, such as Harvard Business Review and Chemical Week.
- EBSCO legal information – This database provides legal forms and information for businesses.
- Regional Business News – Provides full-text coverage of regional business publications, including njbiz.
- Frost & Sullivan - Industry and market research articles. This database provides comprehensive industry and market research articles to encourage growth and empowerment.
- Small Business Resource Center – Small business owners can find information on financing, human resources, accounting, franchising and marketing. Sample Business Plans are available.
- Job & Career Accelerator – provides a wide variety of computer training courses from basic to more advanced. Microsoft courses include Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Visio. Corel WordPerfect, Adobe Photoshop, and Windows and Mac operating system courses are also offered.
National Newspapers 9 – Includes the Wall Street Journal from 1984 to the present.
- Use internet and word processing computers and printing
- Use free wi-fi in the library.
- Use reference services for research
- Ask about a BHPL card or reciprocal agreements with nearby libraries
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (bhplibrarian)
- Download our free app, BHPL, for smartphones and tablets
For more Local Business Resources at the Library, watch this slide show.
How to use the Small Business Center Resource Center online: SBRC Tutorial
Small Business News, Tips and Information channel on YouTube: SBTV.com, It’s Your Biz